Pork Cordon Bleu
- 4 (4 ounce) boneless pork chops
- 2 ounces prosciutto or wafer-thin ham
- 2 ounces Swiss cheese, cut into 2 x 1/4-inch rectangles
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 egg, beaten with 1 teaspoon water
- 1/2 cup fine
dry bread crumbs
- 2 teaspoons butter
- Slice each chop lengthwise almost in half to butterfly. Between two pieces of
plastic wrap, pound each butterflied chop to 1/8-inch thickness. On half of each
chop, place 1/2 ounce prosciutto and 1 piece of cheese. Sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon
thyme. Roll chops to enclose filling. Coat with flour, dip in egg wash and roll
in bread crumbs.
- In large frying pan, melt butter. Add pork and cook 10 to 12 minutes, turning
frequently to brown all sides.
- Garnish with lemon wedges and parsley sprigs.
Yield: 4 servings
Reprinted with permission from
the National Pork Board - porkbeinspired.com.