Pork Medallions with
Pesto Cream Sauce
- 1 (1 1/4 to 1 1/2 pound) boneless center-cut single pork loin, cut into 1/2-inch-thick slices
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) butter, divided
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup pesto sauce
- 3 plum tomatoes, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- Lay each pork loin slice between 2 sheets of plastic wrap and pound
with a kitchen mallet or rolling pin to 1/4-inch thickness.
- Place the flour in a shallow dish. Season the pork medallions with
the salt and pepper, then place in the flour and coat evenly on
- Melt 2 tablespoons butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
Add the pork and cook in batches for 2 to 4 minutes per side, or
until golden, adding more butter as needed.
- Remove the pork to a
covered platter to keep warm.
- Add the cream and pesto to the skillet; mix well. Add the tomatoes
and cook for 3 to 5 minutes, or until thoroughly heated. Pour over
the pork medallions and serve.