Portobello Pork Chops
Take the top prize and win over your dinnertime crowd by serving up the grand-prize-winning
recipe of the "No Recipe" recipe contest by Michael Holowis of Pottstown, PA.
- 4 bone-in pork rib or loin chops, 3/4-inch thick
- 1 1/2 cups mild chunky salsa
- 1 cup Portobello mushrooms, chopped
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, snipped
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F. Trim fat from chops.
- Spoon salsa into a 3-quart rectangular baking dish. Arrange chops on top of salsa.
- Combine Portobello mushrooms, cheddar cheese and maple syrup in a medium bowl.
Spoon over chops. Bake, uncovered, for 20 to 30 minutes until internal temperature
on a thermometer reads 145 degrees F followed by a 3-minute rest time.
- Sprinkle with parsley. Serve chops with salsa mixture.
- Serve with a green salad and bread sticks.
Prep Time: 5 minutes | Cook Time: 30 minutes | Makes 4 servings
Nutrition Calories: 328 calories Protein: 31 grams Fat: 16 grams Sodium:
648 milligrams Cholesterol: 93 milligrams Saturated Fat: 8 grams Carbohydrates:
14 grams Fiber: 2 grams
Reprinted with permission from
the National Pork Board - porkbeinspired.com.