Rio Grande Pork Chops
- 6 (1/2-inch thick) pork loin chops
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- Chili powder to taste
- 1/2 cup water
- 3 zucchini, sliced 1/4-inch thick
- 2 cups frozen corn, thawed
- 2 large tomatoes, cubed
- 1 green bell pepper, cut into strips
- 1/2 cup pitted ripe olives
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 large onion, sliced
- Heat oil in large nonstick skillet. Brown pork chops over medium-high
heat. Season with salt, pepper and chili powder to taste. Add water.
Cover; cook over medium-low heat for 50 minutes, adding water if
- Layer zucchini over pork chops; top with corn.
- Combine tomatoes, green peppers, olives and seasonings; spoon over
corn. Cover; cook 10 to 15 minutes longer or until pork chops and
vegetables are tender.
Yield: 6 servings
Great served with a green salad and corn muffins!
Recipe used with permission from
the National Pork Board - porkbeinspired.com.