Scalloped Pork Chops
- 6 to 8 pork chops, 1/2 to 3/4-inch thick
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups water
- 2 medium carrots, thin sliced (about 1 cup)
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen Italian green beans
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 (5.5 ounce) package scalloped potatoes
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cream of celery soup
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Trim excess fat from pork chops. Rub skillet with fat from pork.
Brown pork in skillet; sprinkle with salt.
- Heat water to boiling in 3-quart saucepan. Add carrots and frozen
beans, heat to boiling. Stir in butter and potato slices and sauce
mix from scalloped potato package.
- Mix soup, milk, basil and Worcestershire
sauce. Stir into vegetable mixture. Pour into ungreased 13 x 9-inch
baking dish. Place pork on top. Cover and bake 45 minutes.
- Uncover and bake until pork is tender, 10 to 15 minutes.
- Let stand 5 minutes before serving.