Seared Pork Chops with Coconut Rum
and Caramelized Pineapple Sauce
- 4 (1 1/2-inch thick) pork chops
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup peanut oil
- 4 to 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 1/2 cups pineapple, medium dice
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons shallots, minced
- 1/2 cup coconut rum
- 1 cups chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
- 1 teaspoon garlic, chopped
- 1 to 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 small tomato, seeded and diced fine
- Hot pepper sauce, to taste
- Heat skillet to medium high heat.
- Season pork chops liberally with salt and pepper.
- Add peanut oil to skillet and sear pork chops until golden brown on both sides.
- Remove pork chops from pan and put into a preheated 450 degree F oven for 6 to 8 minutes, or until done to your likeness.
- In same skillet, add 2 tablespoons butter and when it starts to brown add pineapple and cook until edges start to caramelize.
- Now add brown sugar, mix thoroughly, then add shallots and garlic and bring to a simmer.
- Next add rum and flambé ingredients. When the flame dies down, add chicken stock and bring to another simmer
and reduce liquid by 1/2.
- Add lime juice, tomato, hot sauce, salt and pepper.
- Add remaining butter to thicken sauce.
- Garnish with chopped cilantro.
Yield: 4 servings
Posted by Marla at Recipe Goldmine 1/24/2002 8:21 am.
Please shop Amazon here. We are an Amazon affiliate to help defray expenses in maintaining this site. Thank you.