Sizzling Chili Pork Chops
- 6 (4 ounce) boneless pork loin chops, about 1/2-inch thick
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 to 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons flour
- Stir together chili powder, paprika, garlic powder, red pepper flakes and cumin
in small bowl.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Sprinkle chili mixture evenly on both sides of each pork chop, rubbing mixture
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in cast iron or oven-safe skillet over medium-high heat.
Place pork chops in hot oil to brown, turning once after 3 to 5 minutes. Add remaining
tablespoon of oil if needed. Remove skillet from burner and place skillet in preheated
- Bake pork chops 15 to 20 minutes or until internal temperature on a meat thermometer
reads 145 degrees F.
- Remove chops to serving platter. Let stand 3 to 5 minutes before slicing.
- Add water to orange juice to measure 3/4 cup. Return skillet to range top. Stir
flour into pan drippings, scrapping any brown bits from bottom of skillet. Gradually
stir in combined orange juice and water, cooking over low heat mixtures thickens.
Remove from heat and serve with pork chops.
- Serve with stone-ground grits, simmered greens or fried corn.
Prep Time 5 minutes | Cook Time 20 minutes | Serves 6
If pork chops release any juices during 3 to 5 minutes standing time, you
can stir the pork juices into sauce before serving.
Nutritional Information: Calories: 237 calories Protein: 23 grams Fat: 13
grams Sodium: 153 milligrams Cholesterol: 63 milligrams Saturated Fat: 4 grams Carbohydrates:
5 grams Fiber: 1 gram
Recipe and photographs used with permission from
the National Pork Board - porkbeinspired.com.