Smothered Pork Chops
This simple but popular recipe has been on the tables of families for generations
– everyone loves it, and it’s perfect with green beans and mashed potatoes.
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can Del Monte® Diced Tomatoes, not drained
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 cup diced onion
- 4 bone-in pork chops
- Salt and black pepper, optional
- Combine tomatoes, Worcestershire sauce and sugar in a medium bowl; set aside.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Cook
onion 8 minutes or until deep golden brown, stirring occasionally.
- Add onion to tomato mixture; set aside.
- Heat remaining 1 tablespoon oil in same skillet over medium heat.
- Sprinkle both sides of pork with salt and pepper, if desired, and cook on one
side 2 minutes.
- Turn, top with tomato-onion mixture and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium;
cover and cook 20 minutes or until pork is tender.
- Remove chops to dinner plates or serving platter.
- Cook sauce, uncovered, 5 minutes over medium-high heat or until sauce is slightly thickened.To serve, spoon sauce over pork chops.
Serves 4 | Prep Time: 5 min | Cook Time: 35 min
Recipe and photo credit: Del Monte