Southern Pork Cordon Bleu
Move over chicken. Pork takes on cordon bleu in this delicious version of a great
- 4 thick-cut boneless New York (top loin) pork chops
- 2 1/2 cups panko bread crumbs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- 4 thin slices ham
- 4 slices Havarti cheese
- 4 tablespoons honey Dijon mustard
- Oil for frying
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Slice each pork chop in half as though to butterfly the meat, leaving the fatty
- Combine bread crumbs and salt in a shallow bowl and set aside. Beat egg and water
in a shallow bowl and set aside.
- Place 1 slice of cheese on top of a slice of ham and top with 1 tablespoon of
mustard. Stuff inside of pork chop and crimp edges of meat using your fingers.
- Dip in egg and coat with bread crumbs. Repeat with remaining ingredients.
- Fry each chop for 3-4 minutes until golden brown, flipping over half way. Remove
from oil and drain on paper towels.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until meat thermometer registers the internal temperature
of the pork to be between 145 - 160 degrees F.
- Allow to rest for 3 minutes before serving.
Yield: 4 servings | Prep Time: 10 mins | Cook Time: 25 mins
Recipe courtesy of Lynda Self from
Recipe and photo credit: National Pork Board - porkbeinspired.com.