Spicy Rhubarb Pork Chops
- 6 pork chops
- 1/4 cup water
- 5 to 6 tablespoons ketchup
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon grated onion
- 2 cups sliced rhubarb (1 1/2-inch pieces)
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Mix water, ketchup, lemon juice, salt and onion together and marinate
the pork chops for 1 to 2 hours (or overnight). Drain liquid.
- Combine rhubarb, granulated sugar, brown sugar and cinnamon.
- Place pork chops in a single layer in a 13 x 9-inch baking dish.
Pour rhubarb mix over pork chops and cover.
- Bake at 350 degrees
F for 1 1/2 hours. Cover may be removed during the last 10 to 20
minutes of baking time if there is too much liquid.
can be used as a sauce.