Stroganoff-Style Pork Chops
- 4 (1-inch thick) boneless butterfly pork loin chops
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 8 medium fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- Hot cooked noodles
- In a large skillet over medium heat, brown chops in oil for 5 -
6 minutes on each side.
- Remove from skillet, and keep warm.
- In the drippings, sauté onion and mushrooms until tender.
- Stir in the water, mustard and salt; bring to a boil. Return chops
to pan. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15 - 20 minutes or until
pork is tender.
- Remove chops and keep warm.
- Combine flour and sour cream until smooth; add to the skillet. Bring
to a boil; cook and stir for 1 - 2 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- Serve pork chops and mustard-mushroom sauce with noodles.
Yield: 4 servings