Sugar-Spiced Pork Chops
with Chipotle Pumpkin Sauce
- 4 (1-inch thick) boneless pork chops
- 1 cup canned solid pack pumpkin
- 1 chipotle pepper, snipped into tiny pieces
- 1 (8 ounce) jar salsa
- 1/4 cup shredded fresh Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 plum tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, combine pumpkin, chipotle pepper, salsa,
Parmesan and nutmeg. Cook until the mixture almost boils, stirring occasionally.
- Reduce heat to low; cook 10 minutes more, stirring occasionally.
- In a small bowl, combine brown sugar, cumin, chili powder, salt and pepper; sprinkle
evenly over pork chops; cook for 8 to 10 minutes, or until done, turning occasionally.
- To serve, spoon a generous 1/3 cup of the pumpkin mixture over the bottom of
each of four serving plates. Place pork chops on top of mixture; garnish with chopped
tomatoes and cilantro.