Sweet and Sour Stuffed Pork Chops
- 6 (1 1/4-inch thick) boneless pork chops
- 1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 (8 ounce) package cornbread stuffing
- Cut horizontally through each chop to form a pocket. Set aside.
- Mix pineapple, water, celery, margarine, sugar, soy, vinegar and
garlic powder in medium saucepan. Heat to a boil.
- Remove from heat.
Add stuffing and mix lightly.
- Spoon stuffing mixture into pork chop pockets. Place chops stuffing-
side up in 2-quart shallow baking dish. Cover.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 20 minutes.
- Uncover and bake 25 minutes
or until chops are done.