Truck Driver's Pork Chops
- 3 tablespoons cooking oil
- 1 cup onion, minced
- 1/3 cup cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons mustard
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- Dash of Tabasco
- 6 thick pork chops, well trimmed
- Heat the oil in a medium saucepan.
- Sauté the onion until tender, but not brown. Add the vinegar, brown sugar, mustard,
Worcestershire, ketchup, water, mayonnaise, salt and Tabasco to the onions, and
simmer for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Place the pork chops in a shallow baking dish. Pour the sauce evenly over the
top. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Uncover dish, and bake pork chops for 1 hour, until the meat is very tender.
Makes 4 to 6 servings.