7-Up Pork Roast with Glaze
- 1 (3-4 pound) boneless pork loin
- 1 (12 ounce) can 7-Up, Sprite, or ginger ale
- 1 red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon flour
- In a plastic cooking bag place flour and shake it around to coat the inside of
the bag. Place the pork loin in the bag.
- In a large bowl, combine the 7-Up, red bell pepper, onion, garlic, and soy sauce.
Pour this over the pork loin. Seal the plastic bag and let marinate overnight. Turn
the pork roast once while in the plastic bag.
- Heat oven to 325 degrees F. Place the cooking bag in a large baking dish. Cut
6 (1-inch) slits into the top of the bag. Let roast for 1 hour 45 minutes to 2 hours
or until pork is done.
- Remove the pork roast from the plastic cooking bag and set aside.
- Drain the vegetables away from the liquid. Discard the vegetables.
- In a large microwave-safe bowl, combine 2 tablespoons Wondra Flour and 2 tablespoons
cold water. Add 2 tablespoons sweet and sour sauce; combine. Add the cooking liquid
from the pork.
- Microwave on HIGH for 5 minutes or until mixture has thickened.
- Slice the pork roast and serve with the glaze.
Posted by kdipaolo at Recipe Goldmine 6/5/01 8:54:57 pm.