Balsamic-Brown Sugar Glazed Pork Tenderloin
Balsamic-Brown Sugar Glazed Pork Tenderloin is one of the tastiest pork tenderloins you will ever make. Instructions are given for both the slow cooker and the Instant Pot.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 1 teaspoon ground sage
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher, sea or Himalayan pink salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 pounds pork tenderloin
- 1 1/4 cups brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch plus 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 cup water
- 4 tablespoons soy sauce
Slow Cooker Instructions
- Pork Tenderloin: Mix together the sage, salt, pepper and garlic, and rub
over the tenderloin.
- Place 1/2 cup water in slow cooker, followed by the tenderloin, and cook
on LOW for 6 to 8 hours.
- Glaze: One hour before the roast is finished, mix together the ingredients for
the glaze in a small saucepan. Heat over medium and stir until mixture
thickens, about 4 minutes.
- Brush roast with glaze 2 or 3 times during the last hour of cooking.
(For a more caramelized crust, remove from slow cooker and place on aluminum
foil-lined sheet pan, glaze, and set under broiler for 1 to 2 minutes, until
bubbly and caramelized. Repeat 2 to 3 more times until desired crust is
- Slice or shred the meat and place on a platter or plate. Drizzle the
glaze over the pork and serve immediately.
- Serve with remaining glaze on the side.
Instant Pot Instructions
- Pork Tenderloin: Place the pork roast in the liner of the Instant Pot. Increase the water
or broth to 1 cup and add to the Instant Pot. Secure the lid and cook on
high pressure for 60 minutes (press manual, then set to 60 minutes. The
Instant Pot will start automatically and count down the time. Let the
pressure naturally release for 10 minutes before quickly releasing the rest
of the pressure.
- Glaze: Near the end of cooking time), whisk together all glaze ingredients in a
small saucepan and bring the mixture to a boil. Reduce the heat, and simmer,
stirring occasionally, until the glaze thickens, 2-3 minutes. Season to
taste with a pinch of salt and pepper, if desired. Keep warm until ready to
- Remove the pork from the slow cooker or Instant Pot. Slice or shred the
meat and place on a platter or plate. Drizzle the glaze over the pork and
Prep time: 15 min | Cook time: 8 hr 30 min
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Pork Roast Recipes