Boneless, Herb-Crusted Leg of Pork
A boneless fresh leg of pork is a welcome break from usual holiday fare. A simple
rub of dried rosemary, sage and other herbs lends flavor and a touch of elegance
to this easy roast.
- 3 1/2 to 4 pound boneless leg of pork, (fresh ham)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil,
OR vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon dried sage, crushed
- 2 teaspoons dried rosemary, crushed
- 2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt or 1/4 teaspoon table salt
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Brush surface of pork with oil.
- In a small bowl, combine paprika, sage, rosemary, garlic, pepper and salt.
Rub herb mixture over surface of pork. Place on rack in a shallow roasting pan.
- Roast for 1 hour (about 15 minutes per pound) or until internal temperature
on a thermometer reads 145 degrees F.
- Remove roast from oven; let rest about 10 minutes.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour
Servings: 8 - 10, with leftovers
Nutrition Information: Calories: 230 calories Protein: 31 grams Fat: 11 grams
Sodium: 120 milligrams Cholesterol: 100 milligrams Saturated Fat: 4 grams Carbohydrates:
1 grams Fiber: 0 grams
Reprinted with permission from
the National Pork Board - porkbeinspired.com.