Cherry Almond Glazed Pork
- 2 (3 pound) pork loin roast
- 12 ounces cherry preserves
- 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 3 tablespoons slivered almonds, toasted
- Pepper, to taste
- Salt, to taste
- Rub the roast with a little salt and pepper. Place it on a rack,
in a shallow baking pan.
- Roast uncovered in a 325 degree F oven for about 2 to 2 1/2 hours.
- Meanwhile, combine cherry preserves, corn syrup, vinegar, salt,
cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves.
- Heat to boiling, stirring frequently. Reduce the heat and simmer
2 minutes more. Add toasted almonds. Keep the sauce warm.
- When meat has roasted for the above time, spoon enough hot cherry
sauce over the roast to glaze.
- Return to the oven for about 30 minutes more, or till meat thermometer
reads 170 degrees F.
- Baste roast with sauce several times during last 30 minutes.
- Serve remaining sauce with the roast.
Posted by Chyrel at Recipe Goldmine 6/4/02 8:47:23 pm.