Citrus Chili Pork Roast
Do not completely eliminate hot pepper because results will not be as
intended. This dish can also be served cold on sandwiches.
- 1 fresh orange (juice and skin)
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tablespoon crushed chile flakes 15 mL*
- 2 tablespoons canola oil 30 mL
- 1 teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground 5 mL
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt 5 mL
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar 5 mL
- 1 fresh jalapeno pepper, seeded*
* For sensitive diners, eliminate half chile flakes or jalapeno. Do not
eliminate all, as results will not be as intended.
- 2 pound leg of pork or roast, deboned 1kg
- Salt and pepper to taste
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- Peel orange, discard white skin and chop peel into small pieces.
Squeeze orange and reserve juice.
- In food processor, blend together orange peel, reserved juice,
garlic, chili flakes, canola oil, pepper, salt, sugar and jalapeno
pepper until ingredients form smooth paste.
- To prepare pork, make incisions into leg or roast. Sprinkle with
salt and pepper. Cover with orange paste and refrigerate overnight.
- Heat oven to 325 degrees F (160 degrees C). Place the pork on rack
in roasting pan. Add 1 cup (250 mL) water. Roast for 1 to 1 1/2 hours or
until internal temperature reaches 160 degrees F (70 degrees C). Wait 10
minutes before slicing.
Yield: 8-10 servings
Nutritional analysis - per serving: Calories 270 Total Fat 12 g
Saturated Fat 3 g Cholesterol 90 mg Carbohydrates 4 g Fiber <1 g Protein 35
g Sodium 350 mg
Source: Guadalupe Garcia-de-Leon
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission): CanolaInfo.org
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Pork Roast Recipes