Dilled Pork Roast
- 1 (3 to 4 pound) boneless pork shoulder roast, trimmed
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 6 tablespoons minced fresh dill or 2 tablespoons dill weed
- Cut about five deep slits across top of roast. Combine seasonings; stuff some into the slits. Tie meat securely. Rub roast with remaining seasonings.
- Place in a large resealable plastic bag and refrigerate overnight.
- Remove roast from bag and place in a greased roasting pan.
- Bake, uncovered, at 325 degrees F for 2 1/2 to 3 hours or until a meat thermometer reads 170 degrees F and meat is tender.
- Let stand 10 minutes before slicing.
Yield: 10 to 12 servings