Garden of Eden Pork Roast
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 (3 pound) boneless pork roast
- 1/2 cup fresh orange juice
- 1/2 cup apple juice
- 2 tablespoons Grand Marnier
- 1 (14 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1 Golden Delicious apple, cored and sliced
- 1 medium onion, sliced (1 cup)
- 1 tablespoon chopped jalapeno
- 1 1/2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup water
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F degrees.
- Combine salt, orange peel, lemon peel, pepper and thyme in small mixing bowl. Rub mixture into skin of roast, pressing with force. Place the roast on a rack in a 9 x 12-inch roasting pan. Cook for 1 hour or until roast has reached an internal temperature of 145 degrees F degrees.
- Pour off drippings. Add juices, grand Marnier, broth, apple, onion, and jalapeno to the roast in the pan. Bake for an additional 30 minutes or until roast has reached an internal temperature of 160 degrees F degrees.
- Transfer meat to a serving platter. Combine cornstarch and water in a small bowl and mix well.
- In a 4-quart saucepan, bring juices from roasting pan to a boil. Stir in cornstarch mixture and bring to a slow boil. Pour juices over meat and serve.
Yields: 6 servings