Granny Smith's Pork
- 1 pound boneless pork leg, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 4 Granny Smith apples, cored and sliced into 1/2-inch wedges
- 1 cup dry white wine or chicken broth
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Heat oil over medium heat in a large skillet. Add pork and brown
on all sides. Add apple slices. Sauté for 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add 1/2 cup wine, reduce heat, cover and simmer 10 minutes.
- Mix remaining wine together with remaining ingredients and add to
skillet. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly until sauce
- Serve over hot rice or noodles.