Hawaiian Pork Roast
- 1 (3-4 pound) boneless pork shoulder roast, trimmed
- 4 teaspoons Liquid Smoke
- 4 teaspoons soy sauce
- 2 unpeeled ripe bananas
- 1/2 cup water
- Place roast on a 22 x 18-inch piece of heavy-duty foil; sprinkle
with the liquid smoke and soy sauce.
- Wash bananas and place at the
base of each side of the roast. Pull sides of foil up around meat;
- Seal foil tightly; wrap again with another large piece
of foil. Place in a shallow baking pan; refrigerate overnight, turning
- Place foil wrapped meat in a roasting pan. Bake at 400 degrees F
for 1 hour.
- Reduce heat to 325 degrees F; continue baking for 3 1/2 hours.
- Drain; discard bananas and liquid. Shred meat with a fork.