Pork Roast Recipes
Herbed Pot Roast
Yield: 6 to 8 servings
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon each garlic salt, pepper, dried rosemary and crushed sage
- 1 (3 to 4 pound) boneless pork loin roast
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- Combine brown sugar, herbs and seasonings. Rub over entire roast. Place roast, fat side up on a rack in a roasting pan.
- Place in a 500 degrees F oven. Immediately reduce heat to 325 degrees F.
- Bake uncovered for two hours or until a meat thermometer reads 160 degrees F.
- Remove roast from pan.
- To make gravy, pour pan drippings into a large measuring cup and add water to equal 2 cups. Pour into a saucepan; add flour. Cook and stir over medium heat until gravy comes to a boil. Cook and stir 2 minutes more.
- Slice roast and serve with gravy.
Posted by Annette at Recipe Goldmine 1/2/2002 3:58 pm.