Herbed Pot Roast
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon each garlic salt, pepper, dried rosemary and crushed sage
- 1 boneless pork loin roast (3-4 pounds)
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- Combine brown sugar, herbs and seasonings. Rub over entire roast.
Place roast, fat side up on a rack in a roasting pan.
- Place in a
500 degree F oven. Immediately reduce heat to 325 degrees F.
uncovered for two hours or until a meat thermometer reads 160 degrees.
- Remove roast from pan.
- To make gravy, pour pan drippings into a large measuring cup and
add water to equal 2 cups. Pour into a saucepan; add flour. Cook
and stir over medium heat until gravy comes to a boil. Cook and
stir 2 minutes more.
- Slice roast and serve with gravy.
Yield: 6 to 8 servings
Posted by Annette at Recipe Goldmine 1/2/2002 3:58 pm.