Holiday Rack of Pork
- 1 (4 to 5 pound) center loin pork roast, chine bone removed
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled
- Coarsely-ground black pepper
- Trim excess fat from loin and all extra meat from rib bones (or
ask the butcher to "French" the bones for you).
- Cut garlic
cloves in half and rub over all surfaces of loin; sprinkle generously
with black pepper.
- Place in preheated 350 degree F oven, with bones
up, on rack in shallow roasting pan.
- Roast for 1 to 1 1/2 hours (about
18 to 20 minutes per pound) until meat thermometer placed in center
of loin eye reads 160 degrees F.
- Remove from oven; let rest 10 minutes.
- Cut between rib bones to