Juicy Pork Loin with
Simple and festive, the juicy pork loin's dark sweet crust is jeweled with
ruby bits of shallot. Garnish with pomegranate seeds and green pistachio. Serve
with wild rice and spinach.
- 3 tablespoons chopped shallots
- 2 teaspoons chopped rosemary
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup dry white or red wine
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup fresh pomegranate juice
- 1 tablespoon pomegranate molasses (available in Middle Eastern and specialty markets) or balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon honey
- Freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 cup chives, chopped
- 1 pork tenderloin
- Handful chopped pistachios
- Cook chopped shallots and rosemary in olive oil in a nonreactive skillet until
shallots are soft. Add wine and cook until most of the wine has evaporated.
- Add chicken broth, pomegranate juice, pomegranate molasses (or balsamic vinegar)
and honey and cook slowly until almost syrupy and reduced to about 3/4 cup. Taste
and add salt if needed.
- Heat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Rub pork loin with olive oil, salt and freshly ground black pepper. Sear lightly,
turning once, in a non-reactive, ovenproof skillet.
- Brush with sauce and bake, basting often, about 45 minutes, or until an instant-read
thermometer reads 155 degrees F.
- Let rest for 5 minutes. Pork will be slightly pink inside.
- On a board, slice on the diagonal in 1/2-inch pieces. Pour any juices on the
board into the pan juices and spoon over servings.
- Garnish with pomegranate seeds and chopped chives.
Serves 3 to 4.
Posted by Chyrel at Recipe Goldmine 12/16/2001 9:53 am.