Margarita Pork Roast
- 3 pound boneless pork loin roast
- 1 cup tequila
- 2 cups lime juice
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon grated lime zest
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 1 tablespoon cracked black pepper
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon allspice
- Place pork in large self-sealing bag; combine tequila, lime juice,
oil, garlic and salt in medium bowl and pour over pork. Seal bag;
refrigerate for 24-48 hours.
- Remove pork from marinade, discarding marinade, pat pork dry.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine rub ingredients in small bowl, pat seasoning mixture over
all surfaces of pork.
- Place pork in shallow roasting pan; roast
for 1 hour (about 20 minutes per pound), until internal temperature
on a thermometer reads 150 degrees F.
- Remove roast from oven; let
rest until temperature reaches 160 degrees F, about 10 minutes before
slicing to serve.
Nutrition Facts: Calories 183 calories; Protein 24 grams; Fat
7 grams; Sodium 129 milligrams; Cholesterol 62 milligrams; Saturated
Fat 1 grams; Carbohydrates 3 grams; Fiber 1 grams
Recipe credit: National Pork Board