Mexican Pork Roast
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 (2 1/2 to 3 pound) boneless pork roast
- 2 onions, sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1/2 cup water
- 3 to 4 medium-size carrots, peeled and cut into 1-inch lengths
- 1 large sweet red pepper, cut into thin strips
- 6 small red-skinned potatoes
- 1 (10 ounce) box frozen peas, thawed
- Fresh cilantro (for garnish)
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Mix oil, onions, garlic, chili powder, salt, cumin, cayenne, tomatoes
and water in 13 x 9-inch roasting pan. Place pork in pan.
covered, for 1 1/2 hours.
- Add carrots, red pepper and potatoes. Cover and continue baking
for 40 minutes, until vegetables are fork-tender and pork internal
temperature registers at least 160 degrees F.
- Add peas; stir to heat.
- To serve, arrange vegetables around meat on the platter. Spoon on
the tomato sauce from pot. Garnish with cilantro.
Please shop Amazon here. We are an Amazon affiliate to help defray expenses in maintaining this site. Thank you.