Peanut Butter and Pork Stir Fry
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3/4 pound lean boneless pork, thinly sliced
- 2 carrots, thinly bias sliced
- 1 medium red or green sweet bell pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 stalk celery, thinly bias sliced
- 1 medium onion, sliced and separated into rings
- 1 (15 ounce) can garbanzo beans, drained
Peanut Butter Sauce
- 3 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
Pork: In a wok or cast iron skillet heat 1 tablespoon oil over high heat.
Stir fry pork 3 minutes or until no pink remains.
Remove the pork
from the wok. Add remaining oil, carrots, pepper, celery and onion
to the wok; stir fry for 3 minutes Add beans; stir fry for 1 minute
or until vegetables are crisp-tender.
Return the pork to the wok.
Stir Peanut Butter Sauce; add to the wok. Cook and stir until mixture
is thickened and bubbly.
Serve at once.
Peanut Butter Sauce: Stir all ingredients together.
Yield: 4 servings