Peppered Pork Tenderloin
with Cherry Salsa
This can be prepared in 45 minutes or less.
- 1/2 pound dark sweet cherries, pitted and chopped (about 1 cup)
- 2 teaspoons fresh lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly grated lime zest
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped red onion
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped seeded fresh jalapeno chile (wear rubber gloves)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons finely chopped fresh coriander
- 3/4 pound pork tenderloin, trimmed of excess fat
- 2 tablespoons crushed black peppercorns
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Heat oven to 425 degrees F.
- In a bowl stir together cherries, lime juice, zest, onion, jalapeno,
and coriander. Season pork with salt and press peppercorns into
- In a large heavy skillet, heat oil over moderately high heat until
hot but not smoking and brown pork on all sides.
- Transfer pork to
a shallow baking dish and roast in oven until a meat thermometer
registers 155 degrees F (about 20 minutes).
- Transfer pork to a cutting
board and let stand 5 to 10 minutes.
- Slice pork into 1/2 inch thick medallions and serve with salsa on