Rhubarb Pork Loin
- 1 (3 pound) boneless rolled pork loin
- 1 clove garlic, peeled, sliced
- 1 teaspoon rosemary, crushed
- 4 stalks rhubarb, sliced
- 4 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 6 tablespoons honey
- 6 whole cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 2 to 3 drops red food color
- Place pork roast in roasting pan. Cut 8 to 10 slits in surface of
pork and insert slivers of garlic. Rub all surfaces of roast with
- Roast for about 60 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine remaining ingredients in heavy saucepan; bring
to boiling. Reduce heat and simmer about 10 minutes.
- Pour rhubarb
sauce over pork and continue to roast, basting often, until pork
reaches an internal temperature of 155 degrees F (about 45 minutes).
- Let pork roast rest for 10 minutes, letting internal temperature
rise to 160 degrees F.
- Slice thinly and serve with rhubarb sauce.