Rolled Boneless Pork
Roast with Sauerkraut
Every Christmas Eve we have this yummy dinner. We often make dumplings to serve with this. We only have this at
Christmas time so we all look forward to dinner as well as gifts!
- Rolled boneless pork roast
- Salt and pepper
- 1/2 pound bacon
- 1 large package or several large cans sauerkraut
- Brown sugar
- 1 jar applesauce
- Fry bacon and drain well, reserving grease. Chop the bacon.
- Salt and pepper the roast and brown well in the bacon grease.
- Mix sauerkraut with chopped bacon, brown sugar to taste (I use about
1/2-1 cup), and applesauce. Put the sauerkraut mixture in the bottom
of a large casserole or Dutch oven. Put the pork roast on top; cover
and bake for 2-3 hours.
- Uncover the last 30 minutes to 1 hour to brown.
Posted by Gayle at Recipe Goldmine 1/18/2002 4:21 pm