Santa Fe Pork Loin Roast
- 1 (4 to 5 pound) boneless pork loin roast
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 3/4 cup apple jelly
- 3/4 cup ketchup
- 1 1/2 tablespoons vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 cup crushed corn chips
- Rinse meat well and pat dry with paper towel.
- In small bowl, mix salt, black pepper, 1 teaspoon chili powder and
garlic salt together. Rub on outside of roast, then place roast
on rack in shallow roasting pan.
- Bake at 325 degrees F for about 2 to 2 1/2 hours or until meat thermometer
reads 165 degrees F.
- Meanwhile, in small saucepan, stir apple jelly, ketchup, vinegar
and teaspoon chili powder together. Heat until mixture comes to
a boil. At that time, reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, for about
- When temperature inside meat reaches 165 degrees F, brush or spoon
on apple jelly and ketchup glaze. Sprinkle corn chips over top of
roast. Continue baking until internal temperature reaches 170 degrees
F (about 15 minutes longer).
- After baking, remove from oven and allow roast to rest for about
10 minutes before slicing.
Each pound of meat serves 3 to 4 people.