Sautéed Tenderloin Steaks
with Wine Sauce
- 2 (1 1/4-inch thick - 8 ounce weight) tenderloin steaks, top loin center cut
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Nonstick pan
- 1 tablespoon or so finely sliced scallion
- 1/2 cup good red wine
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Minced parsley or chopped chives
- Salt and pepper
- Trim steaks off of any excess fat and pat dry with paper towels.
Brush them lightly with some olive oil. Lightly oil a nonstick pan.
- Sauté steaks 1 1/2 to 2 minutes a side for red rare, longer for
- Remove steaks to a warm plate.
- Remove most of the fat, with the browned stuff in the bottom of
pan, leaving only a teaspoon in skillet. Add the scallions and stir
for a moment. Pour in wine and scrape deglazing, boil down until
- Remove from heat, add butter and parsley or chives if you
wish, pour over steaks and serve.
Yield: 2 servings
Posted by bettyboop50 at Recipe Goldmine May 8, 2001