Shredded Pork Tenderloin with Lime Sauce
This is great over steamed rice.
- 1 (1 1/4 pound) pork tenderloin, cut into thin strips
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups chopped onions
- 2 bacon slices, chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped seeded jalapeno chile
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1 cup chicken stock or canned low-salt chicken broth
- 3/4 cup whipping cream
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 2 large tomatoes, seeded, diced
- 1 cup chopped green onions
- Sprinkle pork with salt and pepper. Heat oil in large nonstick skillet
over high heat. Add pork and sauté until almost cooked through,
about 1 minute.
- Transfer pork to plate.
- Add 1 1/2 cups onions, bacon and jalapeno to same skillet and sauté
until onions are tender, about 5 minutes.
- Add wine; cook 1 minute.
Add stock and cream and simmer until mixture is reduced to 1 cup,
about 7 minutes.
- Return pork to skillet. Stir in lime juice. Add
tomatoes and sauté until pork is cooked through, about 1 minute
- Transfer to serving dish.
- Sprinkle chopped green onions over and serve.
From the kitchen of Martin James – Copenhagen, Denmark.