Simply Saucy Bacon-Wrapped Pork Loin
A whopping double dose of pork - a juicy loin wrapped in bacon. This is sure
to be a hit with "other white meat" lovers.
- 4 pound pork loin center roast, boneless, (untied),
- fat and silver skin trimmed
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
- 1 tablespoon
- 8 to 9 slices bacon
- 1 cup barbecue sauce, purchased
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Sprinkle pork with salt and pepper.
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add pork and brown on all sides,
about 6 minutes.
- Transfer to plate and cool for 10 minutes.
- Wrap bacon slices vertically around pork roast; do not overlap bacon. Tie lengthwise
and crosswise with kitchen string to hold bacon in place; tuck loose ends of bacon
under string. Place on a rack in a roasting pan, tucked-bacon side down.
- Roast on rack for 15 minutes. Turn pork over and reduce temperature to 350
and roast for 15 minutes.
- Remove rack and return pork to pan, tucked-end side up. Roast, turning occasionally
until bacon is browned and an instant-read thermometer inserted in the center of
the roast reads 145ºF, about 50 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let stand for 10 minutes.
- Skim fat from pan juices, leaving browned juices in pan.
- Add barbecue sauce and preferred ingredient* and bring to simmer
over medium heat, stirring to loosen browned bits in pan; simmer 2 minutes.
- Remove strings, carve pork, and serve with sauce.
Prep Time: 20 minutes | Cook Time: 1 hour, 30 minutes
Marinating Time: 10
minutes | Servings: 10
Serving size: 6 ounces
* Preferred Ingredient
Savory: Whisk 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard into the sauce.
Spicy: Stir in 2 tablespoons pickled jalapenos chiles (nacho slices), drained
and finely chopped, into the sauce.
Fruity: Stir one 8.25-ounce can crushed pineapple, drained, into the sauce.
Smoky: Stir in 1 or 2 minced canned chipotle chiles in adobo into the sauce.
Nutrition Information: Calories: 370 calories Protein: 43 grams Fat: 17 grams
Sodium: 790 milligrams Cholesterol: 140 milligrams Saturated Fat: 5 grams Carbohydrates:
9 grams Fiber: 0 grams
Reprinted with permission from
the National Pork Board - porkbeinspired.com.