Smoked Boston Butt Roast
- 1 (5 pound) pork butt roast
- 2 tablespoons seasoning salt
- 4 tablespoons House Seasoning
- 4 tablespoons Liquid Smoke
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 cup water
- 3 bay leaves
- 2 cups favorite barbecue sauce
- 1 cup salt
- 1/4 cup black pepper
- 1/4 cup garlic powder
- Sprinkle one side of the roast with 2 tablespoons of House Seasoning, making
sure to rub well. Flip the roast over and rub with the remaining 2 tablespoons of
- Repeat the process with the seasoned salt and liquid smoke. Cover with plastic
wrap or foil (or place in large zip-top bag) and refrigerate overnight.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place the roast in a large roasting pan. Add the onion, water and bay leaves
around roast. Place in the oven and cook for 2 1/2 to 3 hours or until thermometer
reads 170 degrees F.
- Let meat cool and then slice.
- Serve with favorite barbeque sauce.
- House Seasoning: Mix and store in airtight container.
Source: Paula Deen