Sweet Stuffed Sicilian Pork Loin
- 1 cup California golden raisins
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 3/4 cup spinach, chopped and cooked
- 1/4 pound prosciutto, chopped
- 4 tablespoons fresh breadcrumbs
- 4 tablespoons pine nuts, toasted
- 3/4 cup shredded provolone
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 1/2 pounds pork loin, center cut, butterflied
- 1 cup Marsala wine
- 1/2 cup chicken broth, reduced-sodium
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a bowl, mix together spinach, prosciutto, raisins, breadcrumbs,
pine nuts, provolone, 1 teaspoon oil, and 1/4 teaspoon salt and pepper
- Pound pork loin to an even thickness, about 1/2-inch thick. Sprinkle
both sides of meat with remaining salt and pepper. Spread spinach
mixture over the meat. Roll up, from short end, and tie with kitchen
string to hold closed
- Heat a large ovenproof pan over medium-high heat and add remaining
oil. Cook meat, turning, until outside is browned
- Place pan in oven and cook 1 hour, or until meat reaches an internal
temperature of 140 degrees F.
- Remove pan from oven, place pork on a cutting board, and cut off
string. Let rest for 5 – 10 minutes.
- While meat is resting, prepare the sauce. Remove excess fat from the
roasting pan, leaving behind the brown bits. Place pan on burner over
high heat and add Marsala and chicken stock. Bring liquid to a boil,
scrapping the pan with a spoon to bring up the brown bits. Cook until
liquid is reduced by half.
- Remove from heat and swirl in the butter. Season to taste with salt
- Spoon sauce over the sliced pork to serve.
Serves: 6 | Prep Time: 30 | Cook Time: 70
Nutrition Facts Per Serving: Calories 539 (Calories from Fat %);
Total Fat 22; Cholesterol 165; Sodium 1279; Total Carbohydrate 29; Dietary
Fiber 2.5; Protein 54
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission): California Raisin Board
Recipe Goldmine is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. This is without any additional cost to you.