BBQ Beef Short Ribs
- 3 to 4 pounds beef short ribs with bone
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 2 1/2 cups water, divided
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup vinegar
- 2 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- Hot cooked noodles, optional
- In a Dutch oven, brown ribs in oil. Add 2 cups water; bring to a
boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 1 1/2 hours. Drain.
- Combine the tomato paste, ketchup, garlic, brown sugar, onion, vinegar,
mustard and salt and remaining water. Mix well. Pour over ribs,
bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 1 hour or until
meat is tender.
- Serve over noodles if desired.
Posted by Cookin'Dad at Recipe Goldmine 7/24/2001 7:35 am.
Source: Snixie - Member posted 07-05-2001 03:28 PM
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.