Beef Short Ribs
- 1 to 2 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 1/2 cup beef broth
- 1 1/2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 3 pounds short ribs
- 1/2 cup chili sauce
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly-ground pepper
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In large Dutch oven or deep casserole, heat oil; brown ribs all
over, then discard fat.
- In large bowl, combine onion, chili sauce, broth, vinegar, sugar,
Dijon mustard, Worcestershire, garlic, dry mustard, chili powder,
paprika, salt and pepper. Pour over ribs; toss to combine.
- Cover and bake for 2 hours, removing the cover for the last 1/2 hour so
meat will brown.
- Serve ribs hot with sauce.