Bob's Red Gold
This is a favorite recipe in my family. The recipe was passed on from my
- 3 cans Campbell's condensed tomato soup
- 1 small can Contadina tomato paste
- 3 country-style pork ribs
- 1 small onion, peeled
- 1/2 teaspoon each of oregano, garlic powder and basil
- 3 bay leaves
- Olive oil for braising pork and onion
- 1 tablespoon sugar or Splenda
- In a large saucepan, braise pork on all sides with onion in olive oil over
medium-high heat, stirring the onion often so as not to burn it.
- Meanwhile, in a large stainless steel bowl, whisk together until
completely blended the 3 cans soup and 1 can tomato paste, plus water used
to rinse out the soup cans (about 1 can's worth). Pour into saucepan with
the pork and onion, using a rubber spatula to get it all.
- Lower heat to simmer, add the spices, bay leaves and sugar/Splenda, and
stir thoroughly with a heavy wooden spoon about every 10 to 15 minutes, for
about 2 hours or more; the longer it simmers, the better the flavor!
- Just before serving over your favorite pasta(s), remove onion and bay
leaves (be sure to get ALL the leaves out). You can even serve the ribs!
This recipe is easily doubled for a larger crowd! Use a medium onion and
4 or 5 ribs.
Double batch: about 15 to 20 servings, total cooking time about 2 to 3
Recipe submitted to Recipe Goldmine by Robert Taranto, Jr.
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.