Dr Pepper Pineapple Spare Ribs
- 8-10 boneless pork spare ribs
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 1 (20 ounce) can pineapple tidbits
- 1 (12 ounce) can Dr Pepper
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 cup medium Pace Picante sauce
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons coarsely ground black pepper
- Heat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Trim most of the fat from ribs. Arrange ribs in the bottom of a
12-inch Dutch oven.
- Drain pineapple, reserving juice. Sprinkle bell pepper, onions and
pineapple evenly over ribs.
- In a large bowl stir together the remaining ingredients including
the reserved pineapple juice and pour over ribs.
- Cover Dutch oven
and bake for 2 hours or until ribs are tender. Turn and baste ribs
in oven juices carefully every 1/2 hour.
Yield: 8 to 10 servings
Please SHOP HERE to support this site. We are an Amazon affiliate as a means of paying for the high cost of maintaining Recipe Goldmine. Thank you.