Dry Garlic Spareribs
Simmering the ribs in sauce adds flavor to this Montreal specialty.
- 3 pounds spareribs *
- 1 1/2 cups brown sugar
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 4 or 5 garlic cloves
- 4 1/2 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 1 1/2 tablespoons dry mustard
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- Bring a large pot of water to boil. Cut the ribs apart. Add the spareribs to
the boiling water, cover, and allow to simmer for 30 minutes until tender.
- While the spareribs are simmering, mix together the sauce ingredients.
- Remove the spareribs from the pot, and slice the meat between the bones. If you
like, set aside the pork broth to use in another recipe. Clean out the pot.
- Add the sauce ingredients to the pot and bring to a boil. Add the spareribs,
bring back to a boil, and simmer for 10 - 15 minutes.
* This recipe is very adaptable - you could also use 2 or 4 pounds of spareribs
and adjust the other ingredients accordingly.
Yield: 4 to 6 servings
Nutritional breakdown per serving (based on 6 servings): 550 calories (kcal);
34 g Total Fat (52 percent calories from fat); 25 g Protein; 37 g Carbohydrate;
110 mg Cholesterol; 381 mg Sodium; trace Fiber
Posted by orisleuth at Recipe Goldmine 6/19/01 7:37:46 am.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Rib Recipes