Ginger Peachy Ribs
- 5 pounds meaty pork spareribs
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh ginger
- 1/4 cup dry sherry
- 1 1/2 cups pureed peach pulp
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon light brown sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon Chinese chile paste with garlic
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Ribs: Cut the ribs into individual portions and set aside in a large bowl.
- Sauce: Heat the oil in a saucepan over low heat. Add the garlic and ginger
and stir until aromatic, about 30 seconds. Add the sherry and reduce over high
heat for about 2 minutes. Add the remaining sauce ingredients and simmer for
about 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Arrange the spareribs in a large dish. Brush with generous amounts of the
sauce and refrigerate for 12 hours or overnight.
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Arrange the spareribs in a shallow baking pan and bake, brushing frequently
with the remaining sauce, until the ribs are well browned, crisp, and cooked
through, about 1 1/4 hours.
- Serve at once.
Yield: 6 servings
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.