Hickory-Smoked Bar-B-Q Ribs
- 4 to 5 pounds pork ribs (spareribs or back ribs)
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) bottle hickory
- 2 1/2 quarts water
- Favorite barbecue sauce
- Combine liquid smoke and water in a large pot. Bring to a boil; add ribs
and reduce heat. Simmer 1 1/2 to 2 hours.
- Remove ribs from liquid; cool. Ribs may be refrigerated or frozen at this
point for future use.
- Dip or brush ribs with barbecue sauce.
- Place in a 400 degree F oven for
15 to 20 minutes.
- For crusty ribs, broil for 3 to 5 minutes.
Ribs may be prepared in a browning bag. Place ribs in a single layer in
a large size oven cooking bag in a baking pan. Add 1 bottle of smoke and 1 quart
water. Close bag with tie and with a fork make 4 small holes in the top. Bake at
325 degrees F for 1 1/2 hours. Complete as directed above.