Honey Barbecued Spare Ribs
- 4 pounds lean pork spareribs
- Salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 2 teaspoons ginger root, grated
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon rosemary, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon red chiles, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon ground sage
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- Completely cover spareribs with water in a large pot or deep skillet. Bring to
boil, uncovered, over medium heat. Simmer 4 minutes.
- Drain liquid, reserving it for stock for later use, if desired.
- Season both sides of spareribs with salt and pepper. Place spareribs on rack
in roasting pan. Cover loosely with aluminum foil. Bake at 450 degrees F for 15
- Combine remaining ingredients; mix well. Reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees
- Brush spareribs with honey mixture. Bake 1 hour longer or until fully cooked,
brushing with honey mixture every 15 minutes.
Barbecue: Boil spareribs as described above, over medium heat. Simmer 4 minutes
and drain liquid.
Season both sides of spareribs with salt and pepper. Place spareribs on barbecue
grill over hot coals.
Cook approximately 30 minutes per side. Brush meat side generously with honey
mixture twice during last 15 minutes of cooking time.
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission):
National Honey Board
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Rib Recipes