Maggi Tangy Tamarind Pork Ribs
These tangy and zesty country-style pork ribs get their tropical tang from a
bold tamarind barbeque sauce.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 pounds pork ribs, cut into individual ribs
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 cups water
- 1/4 cup tamarind paste
- 4 to 5 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 4 MAGGI Beef Flavor Bouillon Cubes
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour, dissolved in 1/4 cup dry red wine
- Hot cooked rice
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add ribs; cook, turning frequently,
- Remove ribs from skillet; set aside.
- Add onion to same skillet; cook over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally,
for 3 to 4 minutes or until tender.
- Add garlic; cook for 30 seconds.
- Add water, tamarind paste, sugar, vinegar and bouillon.
- Return ribs to skillet; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low; cover.
- Cook for 1 hour or until pork is tender.
- Remove ribs; set aside and keep warm.
- Boil sauce until reduced by half, skimming off fat. Add flour mixture; cook,
stirring constantly, for 2 minutes or until sauce is thickened.
- Pour sauce over ribs. Sprinkle with chopped parsley, if desired.
- Serve with rice.
Preparation Time: 15 min | CookTime: 1 hr 15 min | Servings: 4
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission):
Nestlé® and meals.com