- 4 pounds pork ribs or two big slabs
- 1 cup Sweet Baby Ray's Hickory and Brown Sugar Barbecue sauce
- 1 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1/2 cup paprika
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/4 cup garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons mild chili powder
- 2 tablespoons course salt
- 2 tablespoons black pepper
- 2 tablespoons onion powder
- 2 tablespoons celery seeds
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme
- 3 teaspoons cumin
- 2 teaspoons dry mustard
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 2 teaspoons ground allspice
- Mix all ingredients together until blended. Lay ribs out flat and
rub both sides generously with rub. Wrap in plastic wrap and place in
the refrigerator for at least 4 hours.
- Heat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Put a rack inside a large shallow
roasting pan. Lay ribs across rack and fill pan with water under the
ribs, making sure the ribs are not touching the water.
- Cover tightly
with aluminum foil and bake for 30 minutes.
- Reduce temperature to 300 degrees F and allow ribs to cook slowly
for at least 4 to 6 hours until the meat begins to fall off the bone.
- Remove from oven and carefully remove foil so that steam escapes.
Brush ribs generously with Sweet Baby Ray's Hickory and Brown Sugar
- Return to the oven to bake for 15 minutes.
- Carefully use tongs to lift ribs in one piece and place on platter.