- 3-4 pounds lean spareribs
- 1 cup Smucker's Pineapple Preserves
- 1/4 cup vinegar
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- Cut ribs into serving pieces. Arrange half the pieces in a single
layer in a roasting pan.
- In a saucepan, combine preserves, vinegar, ketchup, and soy sauce.
Heat, stirring constantly, until well blended.
- Pour half the pineapple
mixture over the layer of ribs. Top with remaining ribs and remaining
- Cover pan and bake in a 350 degree F oven for 1 1/2 hours.
- Uncover and continue baking 20 to 30 minutes, basting with the pineapple
mixture occasionally, until ribs are brown and tender.
Yield: 5 to 6 servings