Pork with Sauerkraut and Apples
- 2 1/2-3 pounds country ribs
- 3 unpeeled apples, sliced, or 1 jar of chunky applesauce
- 1 can of mild sauerkraut with caraway seeds
- Salt and pepper
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons mustard
- Salt and pepper the ribs and bake at 350 degrees F, covered, for
1 1/2 to 2 hours.
- Meanwhile, drain sauerkraut of brine in can and pour cool water
in can: let sit until ready for next step.
- Core apples and slice or use one jar of chunky applesauce.
- After baking ribs, remove from oven and drain off most of the fat.
- Drain sauerkraut and place in roaster; stir to incorporate pan juices.
Stir in apples (or applesauce). Make four tunnels through this mixture
and insert ribs in these places.
- Combine brown sugar and mustard, and spread on tops of ribs.
- Return ribs to oven, and bake for one hour at 350 degrees F, uncovered.